Tunic Tower Important Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
In order for the tower to install right, so the screws fit properly, the side of the copper block on the tower is touching 4 little silver and blue thimble looking things that say

c 74w
2.5v

on the top. Is this a problem. It seems like I can't install it without the side touching these things?

In order for the tower to install right, so the screws fit properly, the side of the copper block on the tower is touching 4 little silver and blue thimble looking things that say

c 74w
2.5v

on the top. Is this a problem. It seems like I can't install it without the side touching these things?

I had the exact same situation with my install...the copper base of his heatsink is touching the four capacitators north of the CPU...i was really worried about this too...but there was nothing I could do so I just did it...so far everything is fine...

I had the exact same situation with my install...the copper base of his heatsink is touching the four capacitators north of the CPU...i was really worried about this too...but there was nothing I could do so I just did it...so far everything is fine...

You got it right sardonic.

There is probably (read: definitaly) heat transfer between the heatsink and those capacitators, since they're made of metal, but those parts are pretty tough as far as electronics go...and there is no way to fix this without taking a dremel to your heatsink fan....which does not sound fun

Oh those little barrels thing? the big capacitors next to the cpu socket?

Mine did that too, but I managed to get away from it. When I first installed my Tuniq, it was touching that, and so I just twisted it 90 degrees sideways so the fins are pointing down, which is actually the right direction as the air goes out towards the back.

So mine is working good now.

If you guys want a picture, I think what he meant was like this....

11249.jpg

See those barrel looking thing? The capacitors, he's saying that the copper block on the TT120 is touching it or on top of it. Mine was on top of it, but I just moved it sideways a bit.

Edit: BTW, my capacitors are taller in height and since the first time I installed it, the heatsink block was on top of it, I tried to tighten it. Hopefully I didnt damage those barrels. Haha, good thing I realized. But that was on my old motherboard that I RMA'd back to newegg hehehe.

But, just make sure its not on top of it cuz your cpu wont have a good contact with your heatsink.

Oh wait, I think I misunderstood it hehe. I think he meant the Copper Plate support that keeps the heatsink in place is touching the barrel like capacitors. I dont know about mine but i think it has like 3cm of room. Not much but its not touching it though, at least :D

The actual heatsink itself is very very close on my setup

If it isn't touching, it's 5-10mm of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom