tsk tsk intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here didn't already know this? It takes "officials" a while to catch on... and yet the feds STILL haven't looked at it. Makes you wonder what CPUs they are using and what kind of contract they have in effect, doesn't it?

To be honest, this means nothing at all. In a duopoly industry like this one, when one side gains ground on the other, investigations like these are common. We see this constantly with Microsoft and former IBM when they do things that other companies that aren't monopoly's do all the time. Its just an investigation... Not an arrest warrant. Furthermore the article doesn't list a single detail or example of a single antitrust violation. Not to say that Intel isn't doing anything illegal, just that this article isn't very informative.

On a side note, no I'm not an Intel fanboy despite my avatar lol.

i wasnt trying to introduce any kind of meaning...i just think that its interesting to see big business in action.
jumping bean is absolutely right, this kind of stuff happens everyday. really my point was, people always say "fanboy this" and "fanboy that"...and i was giving a glimpse to those folks that there actually are reasons for product/company loyalty other than blind allegiance and/or stupidity. :eek:
here's another article that details what intel may be doing to violate anti-trust laws....
Why Intel is under fire for alleged antitrust violations - Network World
google it...there are many in depth articles and topics.
as far as what trotter says, yes...it does make me wonder, as the FTC is really the only federal entity that can do anything about it, and they are sitting on their hands and waiting for the states to do it. lol kinda like insurance companies and the government...fishy.

Intel sucks, I been defending AMD for a long time and yet people still sit there and repeat "Intel has more money they can get away with it" as their reason for supporting the jerks. Intel has done every dirty deed in the book, theft of technology, bribing and numerous other things it's great to see them finally facing the hammer.

Who here didn't already know this? It takes "officials" a while to catch on... and yet the feds STILL haven't looked at it. Makes you wonder what CPUs they are using and what kind of contract they have in effect, doesn't it?

I imagine they are probably using Intel and have quite a deal cut with them and probably even make a profit off Intel one way or another, they probably know the allegations are true which is why they they so quickly denied the case.

Intel sucks, I been defending AMD for a long time and yet people still sit there and repeat "Intel has more money they can get away with it" as their reason for supporting the jerks. Intel has done every dirty deed in the book, theft of technology, bribing and numerous other things it's great to see them finally facing the hammer.

Well for starters Intel and AMD used to be partners for awhile acting almost as one company. As for dirty deeds, AMD started its first processor line by reverse engineering the Intel 8080 Micro processor (a widely known fact). So theres sketchy business on both sides. Favoring one or the other for anything other then their product is just plain stupid IMO.

AMD said it had been contacted by Cuomo's office. "I can confirm that we have received a subpoena, too," said spokesman Drew Prairie.

I don't consider myself a fanboy, Intel is just currently better. however, AMD fans should note that while this article is focused on Intel, this quote is from the bottom of the article. enjoy

Originally Posted by Jumping_Bean514
Favoring one or the other for anything other then their product is just plain stupid IMO.

Amen bro, Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom