Trying to decide on a GPU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh there's a x1900gt on zipzoomfly for $105 right now I believe, if that fits your budget better
Edit: Since you already have an x1800xt don't upgrade to a x1900 or x1950, I would go straight to DX10..but really, your current card should hold you out for at least a couple more months

bioshock looks... odd. lol, im not sure why everyone is so excited about it. like, im not saying it looks bad at all, and it could be an AMAZING game, but I am missing why everyone is going nuts that i know, haha. It looks good, but not THAT good, lol.

Go the nvidia, not ATI (lol). DX10 is real nice, as well as SM4, but the ATI may have sm4, i cant be sure on that one. That and I got a thermaltake soprano DX, and my 8800GTX didnt fit in cause of the hard drive bay, it was like... 2 cm too long. very easily fixed with an angle grinder =P

Meh, a x190gt is not that big of a step up from the x1800xt I already own to make it worth while.

I did see teh video for BuiShock and it only made me want the game more. Although the primary reason for this upgrade is still Unreal Tournament 3.

Go the nvidia, not ATI (lol). DX10 is real nice, as well as SM4, but the ATI may have sm4, i cant be sure on that one. That and I got a thermaltake soprano DX, and my 8800GTX didnt fit in cause of the hard drive bay, it was like... 2 cm too long. very easily fixed with an angle grinder =P

I happen to like ATI... just not their newest offerings. The hard drive bay is my primary concern on my tower, and I unfortunatly do not have any handy tools available to me in my apartment. However, odds are that I could use some fo the tools here at work.

Don't worry about the 8800GTS fitting. It should fit in most mid-towers, and the 8800GTS is about as long as the motherboard. Where as the GTX is longer.

x1900gt isnt much of a step-up from that x1800xt u have (if it is even a step-up) i say pick up an 8800gts 320mb and be happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom