Troubleshooting my rig, pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Ok, so before you ask, I AM NOT OVERCLOCKING ANYTHING. Yes, everything is at stock speeds. Ok, with that out of the way here's my problem:

I'll be using my computer etc..etc... and then I'll shut it down to go to bed. I wake up the next morning turn it on, but no display comes up on the screen. The monitor stays in its standby mode when it should come on (obviously) and show the windows startup screen or whatever. As a result I have to shut it down and start it back up repeatedly until I luckily get a good boot and the monitor pops on. Occasionally I have to pop out my CMOS battery to make the rig work. Here's the weird thing, when I do get it to start up, after using it for a while, if I restart it, there's never a problem, so the problem seems to happen overnight when the rig is off. I heard some problems with the DS3R may cause this and/or the CMOS battery or something like it not being fully charged or something like that.

Anyways, there ya have it, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was reading the Newegg reviews for your motherboard (thinking of building a system with the same one) and I remember a couple others with your problem. The computer when into 'hibernation' mode, and they weren't able to use it since.

They ended up needing to RMA for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom