Troubleshooting... Boot Up stuck on the pentium 4 screen - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Troubleshooting... Boot Up stuck on the pentium 4 screen

Hey guys I am running a a shuttle XPC (Model: SB61G2)

PC Specs:
Pentium 4 Celeron 2.4 Ghz with HPT
512 MB DDR1 Ram

It was given to me from a friend and I am trying to put my hard drive from my old computer in it. The old computer's hard drive works perfectly and currently still runs. It is just very slow with a 900 Mhz processor and 256 MB of SDRAM.

When I plug in my Hard Drive into the system , It greezes in the Pentium 4 logo screen. But when I unplug my hard drive and just leave the CD-Rom drive, it passes the Pentium 4 logo screenand checks RAM and CPU then asks for a bootable CD.

I triep chainging some of the Bios settings... but I can't pinpoint the source of the problem. Please offer me any kind of ideas or thoughts about this problem. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you so much and have a good day!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Troubleshooting... Boot Up stuck on the pentium 4 screen

that sounds odd. almost a pointless question, is the drive IDE or SATA? it could have to do with jumper settings or incompatibility between the drives if they are on the same cable. for now i think you should get a hold of a live cd linux such as DSL just to see if the PC will boot.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Re: Troubleshooting... Boot Up stuck on the pentium 4 screen

Jumper setting for SATA to IDE? Is the jumper setting on the motherboard.... my friend did mention using SATA HD not IDE (but I don't know why he said that)... I can't ask my friend because he is o0ut of town.

I'll try booting in a different CD like windows...

Please let me know how to change the SATA to IDE jumper setting...\

keep the ideas coming...

Thanks a million!
Closed Thread