Trouble removing Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLeVeN_11

Baseband Member
its the one with the latch on it..and i cant get the thing to budge...any help would be great....i also have a new heatsink that came with a thermal pad already on it....should i just use that ?...or scrap it off and put on something else on it??

the one with the latch on it, eh? That's about as clear as a crystal. Maybe you should notify us what kind of processor and heatsink and fan you're using.

As far as the second part... Will you be overclocking at all? If not the little ceramic thermal pad is fine.

Ryan

sry..didnt know there were different types of latches.... AMD fan..im guessing the heatsink is AMD too...processer is AMD 64 3000+.....and after i install my new processer and heatsink... i am not going to be messing with it at all...so im pretty sure i wont be overclocking it.

with my mother board on its side...do u mean push down on the latch ?...cuz ive done this many times and nothing budges.

the main black latch easily goes into the 'release' position. There are then 2 silver latches on either side. the side opposite the black lever is the easiest one to work with. There is a nifty little place to put a medium-small sized straight-edge screwdriver into. Push it out, and boom, the thing should slide off easily.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom