Trouble choosing motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonC

Solid State Member
Motherboard opinions - 45nm support?

Basically wondering if this is a decent board. Pretty cheap and it seems to do everything.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0)
GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

I was originally going for an Asus until I picked up a vibe looking around that their cheaper boards aren't that great.

-----

Also, I need to know if it supports 45nm cpus. It says it does here

Supports Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core and Intel 45nm processors

but under the supported CPU thing it doesn't have any 45nm chips listed.... :\ RAAH

Total budget?

If you want full blown 45 nm support without a shred of doubt save up for an X48 board. IM not sure if any are for sale atm.

I'm not too concerned about it being full blown 45tn support, just so that it actually runs.. I was going to get a standard Core2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz (Conroe 1333mhz) Processor but today this 45nm chip popped up on the site for pretty much the same price. It is also a 3.0ghz instead of 2.66... I assume that even without full 45nm support this CPU is a little superior.

As for budget I'd like to stay at $200AUD for the mobo, which this motherboard sits comfortably in at $179AUD

At the moment the three components I'm buying are Mobo, CPU and RAM. These are the parts I have selected.

CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz (1333mhz) Processor, Dual core LGA775 45nm 6mb cache

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3-V2 LGA775 M/B, 1333FSB, PCI-E x16, PCI-E x1, 3x PCI/PCI-E x1, 6x SATA, GigaLAN, Audio

RAM:
Corsair Twin2X 2048MB 240-pin DDR2 XMS2-6400 Twin Pack (2x 1024mb sticks) w/heat spreader, 4-4-4-12

any thoughts would be great thanks :) this components research has been doing my head in.

umm I just reposted another thread with the intention of deleting this only to find I cannot. It was not my intention to spam, so if someone with the power could please remove this?

Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom