Trouble building my custom rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans and lights will light/spin for just a second or two. Not including the cpu fan, or the video card fan. I'll try do the bare bones method next. Wish me luck.

UPDATE

OK, I tried booting it out of the case with only the psu/cpu/gfx, and there was no change. The gfx and cpu fans moved just a tiny bit. So I switched out the psu for a
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-DB ATX V2.2 400W Power Supply - Retail
I knew that would give me problems with my 8800gtx, so i switched it with a
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N445-LX GeForce 7300GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

So I tried starting again, and this time the gfx fan span much faster, but still died shortly after, and no change with the cpu fan. The psu fan was much louder, and faster. So I switched back to the hiper and 8800gtx, and noticed that the psu fan was not moving nearly as fast as I think it should be. Does it take awhile for the hiper's fan to reach full speed or something?

So now I'm more confused than ever. It is clear that either my board or my cpu is junk, but how do I find out? I don't have access to systems where I can test the board or the cpu. And what about that hiper psu?

I would RMA the PSU and the MOBO because it doesn't sound like it's just the MOBO. Because you said the fans of your cpu & gpu aren't getting enough juice. So i would RMA both and go from there.

To save money on shipping just send the both of them in the same box. I had to do this with the computer i recently built. So i feel ya.

Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily I'll be out of town for the next week, so I really won't notice the shipping times for my new parts. But man, I'm so anxious to get my pc up and running. I already bought all sorts of games for it.

Try resetting the bios before you do anything else

Either by removing the battery from the board, or by moving the jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom