Tri-gpu? Anybody have one?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacharyt

Solid State Member
I have read articles on the mobo's usin the 680i chipset, such as the asus striker and Asus P5N32-E (i'm sure there are others, just i'm an asus fan), and they hint at a third video card runnin on the third pci-e slot, saying that it could make use as something like a physics processor. I can't find any articles on three video cards, just on 2 like the SLI and crossfire configurations. Anybody have 3, if so, any gains on such a setup?:confused:

As far as I know you can't run SLI of three cards....and a Physics card is useless with SLI 8800GTX in DX10 as they will take the place of one.

I don't think I would want three 8800GTX's anyway as the heat and wattage it would use would be unbearable....as for a physics card everyone knows they suck and aren't worth the money heh..

Actually, not a physics card, but a graphics card used as a physics card. As stated in X-bit labs review of the Striker, "Striker Extreme also features two fully-fledged PCI Express x16 slots and one more PCI Express x16 slot connected to the PCI Express x8 bus. As a result this mainboard can support two graphics cards in SLI mode and an additional graphics card functioning as a physics accelerator." You can read it here : X-bit labs - Articles - ASUS Striker Extreme Mainboard Review (page 3) Second paragraph.
Not sure how a good a video card would act as a physics card. But the idea of 3 8800 gtxs is sure cool, if you had the cash.:D

one 8800 GTX, already owns games, plus the PPU (the ageia... physx) is unnecessary as the 8800 GTX already has the PPU built in the Card, spend ur well earned $300 on more hard drives or more memory or an extra optical drive or extra cool LCD Monitor if u need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom