TR 120-Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
do you attach the fan on the side, or does it work to have a nearby case fan blowing on it? will it fit in the xion stacker?

That heatsink saux, no built in fan. So you have to provide your own fan. I like my TT12 cuz I have a Fan on the back blowing air out and its just two inches from it, the TT120 Fan is also blowing the air out in the same direction.

Though I still have some temp issues. :(

I think its the CPU thats just crappy. Oh well, not gonna OC it. What a waste, guess Ill be getting the 4GB RAM then as I wont be needing a 4-4-4-12 RAM cuz I cant OC my system.

The TR 120 Extreme, certainly does not suck. On stock, my temps are 26C idle, 44C load. Overclocked, it's 35C idle, 55C load.

And Invisible, yes you do have to attach a fan on the side of the heatsink.

The TR 120 Extreme, certainly does not suck. On stock, my temps are 26C idle, 44C load. Overclocked, it's 35C idle, 55C load.

And Invisible, yes you do have to attach a fan on the side of the heatsink.

LOL, but how do you attach the FAN? Why didnt Thermaltake did all the work and provided it with a cool fan. :D

Now, im jealous that your idle is 26C and only 44C at load. :(

I hate my Q6600!!!! You have G0 stepping?

That heatsink saux, no built in fan. So you have to provide your own fan. I like my TT12 cuz I have a Fan on the back blowing air out and its just two inches from it, the TT120 Fan is also blowing the air out in the same direction.

Though I still have some temp issues. :(

I think its the CPU thats just crappy. Oh well, not gonna OC it. What a waste, guess Ill be getting the 4GB RAM then as I wont be needing a 4-4-4-12 RAM cuz I cant OC my system.

FYI its the best 2nd best heatsink, downside is buying a 120mm fan, but it outperforms the tuniq.

Hm..... maybe I should get this one...... Which one is the best heatsink?

120-Extreme, but it costs more money

15303.png

Whats the Monsoon 2? Let me research on that and see what it looks like :D

Edit: LOL

I dont want this in my case....

Legit Reviews - Monsoon II Active TEC CPU Cooling System Review - The Monsoon II Meets Intel Core 2 Duo

I should just make a Pure Gold Heatsink. That would be awesome. Best conductor there is. Pure Gold with a TT120 Design, with those fins and stuff.

Edit: or maybe gold is the best electricity conductor but not heat. Hm...... lol confused. So maybe copper is the best heat conductor or silver.

Whats the Monsoon 2? Let me research on that and see what it looks like :D

Edit: LOL

I dont want this in my case....

Legit Reviews - Monsoon II Active TEC CPU Cooling System Review - The Monsoon II Meets Intel Core 2 Duo

I should just make a Pure Gold Heatsink. That would be awesome. Best conductor there is. Pure Gold with a TT120 Design, with those fins and stuff.

Edit: or maybe gold is the best electricity conductor but not heat. Hm...... lol confused. So maybe copper is the best heat conductor or silver.

Get the 120 Extreme.

Ye, when I have the money to invest on a heatsink. It could be that my cpu is just bad. But it does sound right though, the CPU temp is supposed to be 10*C lower than the Core temps. But anyway, my temps are starting to drop but my room is also getting colder. so not sure if its the Arctic Silver 5 causing it or the room temperature. Its like 65*F right now in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom