touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
heya,

I was just looking into buying a touch screen interface and have looked up all the different types i think ill buy a capacitive or optical imaging or dispersive imaging but was wondering wether any1 has had ny experience with touchscreen monitors. Im going to be using it in my study at school so will need it to be quite durable (Maybe one with a colourful metal inclosure) Image clarity needs to be good seeing as i want the wow facor when some1 uses it but it will be mainly used as a dedicated interface to windows media centre edition. On a side note can you run MCE xp 2005 spk2 with a touchscreen monitor interface for the media centre mode and have a dual monitor running windows xp in normal desktop mode??? so basicly have the media centre on one monitor and the normal xp on a different monitor in a dual monitor system.

Matt

Thanx in advance for any help given :D

im a rich b*tch lol money is no real issue as long is its under £500 GBP or $1000 dollars maybe more if i can justify the price

Does any1 know anything about the dual interface that would be needed as im assuming the touch screen would replace the use of a mouse so if I'm using a real mouse and sum1 taps the touch screen wont my mouse go flying off onto the touch display???

Matt

lancec2c30 said:
no you cant run 2 different os at the same time that I know of. You would have to restart and boot into the other.

What are you talking about? :confused:

(edit) nvm i got confused about what salty was saying:)

Lol its not to different Os's bt extra's within xp Mce. sorry I'm getting muddled up myself. If Im going to get this to work I'll need to have the Mce menu as a window which can be placed onto the touchscreen and then i can just permanently leave it there. My problem being ive neva seen the Mce menu on a drag and drop window only as fullscreen. So If someone who has MCE could just chec wether it is able to open as a window so that i can place it on the touchscreen that would be useful :D. My other problem is the dual interface of having 2 mouse like devices as the touchscreen from what ive read will act like a mouse pointer wherever u press so does that mean that if im working on something on the main screen and some1 chooses a video to watch on the touchscreen my mouse will fly off.

Matt

saltynay said:
im a rich b*tch lol money is no real issue as long is its under £500 GBP or $1000 dollars maybe more if i can justify the price

Does any1 know anything about the dual interface that would be needed as im assuming the touch screen would replace the use of a mouse so if I'm using a real mouse and sum1 taps the touch screen wont my mouse go flying off onto the touch display???

Matt

I knows its more than double your budget, but its so nice...

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index_21UX.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom