Torn on which Video Cards to Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i'm gonna g-skill RAM from newegg and get an 8800 gts 320 MB and own in benchmarks :)

Well if you're waiting on the Q6600, note that there are also rumors of nvidia price cuts on their whole line sometime pretty soon.

And since you can (apparently) get stuff from the egg, get the HD there too. You can get seagate 7200.10 250gb for $67 shipped which is less then the 160gb same model you were going for.

I would recommend a higher wattage PSU for your equipment. The 8600 will eat up a ton all by itself and an underpowered pc is the hardest kind of problem to diagnose because the problems it causes are so intermittent. If you get a high wattage PSU now, you won't have to buy a new one when you build a new pc down the road. PSU technology doesnt advance near as fast as things like processors and ram.

Hey quazi....how is the 8600GT power hungry? It doesn't even have a PCIe power connector. He doesn't need a high wattage PSU. That 400W FSP, he chose was proven to power a system with an 8800GTX.

Hey quazi....how is the 8600GT power hungry? It doesn't even have a PCIe power connector. He doesn't need a high wattage PSU. That 400W FSP, he chose was proven to power a system with an 8800GTX.

Lol... yeah I bet it could run it.. but it would put so much load on it that the efficiency would drop so low and make it so hot that it will quickly die as well as the rails will be fluctuating to ****. And did they even use decent stuff for the rest of the system in which they "proved" that it can run a GTX?

It is true though that a GT isn't power hungry at all and would easily run with a system with just about any non-quad parts on that psu.. But overclocking could push it. And he's going for an 8800 now anyway so all this is meaningless..

Short answer: don't run gtx on a 400 fsp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom