Top recommended motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I just got done building two computers using the C2D 6400. I used the Asus P5B-E and was not overly impressed. I hated the bios and its looks. It had a problem with any overclocking at all and some of it's own software messed it up. Anyone care to lead me to another board that you would recommend?

i know what you mean Ingeborgdot, i used the DS3 for another build and i hated it so i dont know why its a favorite. that and the Asus bios looks horrible and limited in settings compared to some of the other system boards out there.

what i know is i gave Abit a shot with the Aw9d-max since they were the underdog this year with overclocking boards and to say the least i was impressed with everything. you should give it a look and not go with fan favorites like the DS3 and P5B.

yeah i looked it my sig and i was like wow i forgot to put my mobo in there, i edited my post and put it in there. but i used the AW9D-Max, the bios is beautiful, has almost every setting you want. the only thing it doesnt have which hasnt hindered me is FSB voltage setting but that really it.

its using 975X chipset which i love, i dont know why everyone is pushing 965p but there is no contest between my abit board and my other system running the DS3 with a e4300 which im also not impressed with so im confused about the hype.

you got the same case as me, that case is amazing i love it. just thought id throw that in there lol.

anything you need to know about the abit board let me know cuz ive messed with everything with it.

The only thing that concerns me is the lack of more pci slots. I will use one for sure with a tuner and would have maybe liked to upgrade up to a creative soundcard. What are your thoughts on that?

yeah i hear you on that, it did concern me as well too. but once you hear the sound card it comes with, yes sound card not on board sound its amazing. i think it sounds better then my audigy 2 card. it does everything to make games sound amazing like changing pitch when you walk on difference surfaces, echo's, etc. works great with my 5.1 set up and it can use 7.1. so in my opinion you dont need a sound card with this board.

much more hardware will be made for pci-e 1x and it has a couple of those so soon you will be able to utilize those more.

it has 2 gigabite nics so you dont need those. so you have the 1 pci for your tuner and i cant see much more needed.

the cooling system the motherboard is the best of the best, nothing is left out to keep this motherboard cool, the bottom of the board has heat strips the top is filled with heat sinks and heat pipes that are 10 times better then other cooling systems and heatpipe set ups some of the other motherboard use.

OCing on the board is the best, it always resets it self to the previous working settings not to the default settings when a oc fails.

it has a digital display on the motherboard that shows you post codes! best feature ever. when the motherboard doesnt post, has trouble posting, or just something isnt working it display a 2a code or a 7e code right on the motherboard and you just look it up and tells you the exact, exact problem.

i mean i know i sound like im trying to sell this board lol but there really is no down side to it, and being that ive used msi, asus, gigabyte etc. which are all fan favorites and i use this board on my main system im just impressed from a company that fell down on the performance scene and really did a great job.

Top recommended are the Biostar 965PT, DS3, P5B-E, P5B Deluxe.

Those are all 965 chipsets and some features and things just cant be changed. You should look for a 975 chipset like King stated as they are a whole different board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom