Tips for a new builder???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twalker323

Baseband Member
okay, ordered my parts yesterday for the computer :D this is going to be my first build. Any helpful tips on putting it together?

Don't build on carpet creates static
Don't try plugging things in which don't fit (and if your like me and just get curious with Leds through a fan connector check for heat).
Touch the case before starting or removing components for packaging again static related. to disperse this energy touch the metallic frame.
Don't spit in the case whilst on apparently that fries the motherboard who knew!!! Common sense should do you fine

Don't build on carpet creates static
Don't try plugging things in which don't fit (and if your like me and just get curious with Leds through a fan connector check for heat).
Touch the case before starting or removing components for packaging again static related. to disperse this energy touch the metallic frame.
Don't spit in the case whilst on apparently that fries the motherboard who knew!!! Common sense should do you fine

good tip about the carpet thing. i did not know that. thank you

any other tips?

The only peculiar thing is static electricity the rest is just simple common sense its actually very hard to break a pc now a days. I had to put my laptop in the microwave to actually break it the b1tch was very reluctant lol. Just make sure you don't try to plug anything where it doesn't physically fit and check guides on here and the net for a basic outline for where components. Personally I have never had a problem running a system that is spread across a desk which many mobo manufacturers won't reccomend and static is a concern but not essential. There is nothing to really panic about in the end :D

insurance claim..... turned out my laptop was fool hardy after 30 seconds and still working I decided it was worth keeping simply through hardness. It had been dropped down the stairs multiple times, multiple drinks spilled, lots of whoopsies on to pavement, and then the microwave (which finished it off but got a new one as replacement). Now it is strapped to an overhead projector (toms hardware article) and used as a htpc 6 years and still going strong...

insurance claim..... turned out my laptop was fool hardy after 30 seconds and still working I decided it was worth keeping simply through hardness. It had been dropped down the stairs multiple times, multiple drinks spilled, lots of whoopsies on to pavement, and then the microwave (which finished it off but got a new one as replacement). Now it is strapped to an overhead projector (toms hardware article) and used as a htpc 6 years and still going strong...

I bet that laptop has more horrific stories then some of the POW's in WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom