Timings and prices vs. bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

cikrum

Baseband Member
Hello,
I was wondering if 100mhz of bandwidth is more important than better timings.
I am looking at
OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory Kit /W Ramsink

Or the

Mushkin Redline XP PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL3-3-2-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ Ramsink

The timings in the OCZ are 2-3-2-5 where as the timings in the mushkin are 3-3-2-8
the OCZ is at 400 mhz and the Mushkin is 500 Mhz
Is there that much difference in speed? I understand that tighter timings is good for video games, which is what I play. So Is the Mushkin better for other things then gaming. There is also the 150 $ difference to consider.
Thanks a lot
Cikrum

You won't notice the difference in regular tasks, such as gaming and internet. You'd only notice them in memory benchmarks, such as SiSoft Sandra or SuperPi. So just get the cheaper one.

Hello,
I was wondering if 100mhz of bandwidth is more important than better timings.
I am looking at
OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory Kit /W Ramsink

Or the

Mushkin Redline XP PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL3-3-2-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ Ramsink

The timings in the OCZ are 2-3-2-5 where as the timings in the mushkin are 3-3-2-8
the OCZ is at 400 mhz and the Mushkin is 500 Mhz
Is there that much difference in speed? I understand that tighter timings is good for video games, which is what I play. So Is the Mushkin better for other things then gaming. There is also the 150 $ difference to consider.
Thanks a lot
Cikrum

yes there is a difference, but none that affects basic usage, even gaming u wouldn't notice it, take the cheaper one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom