Time to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... 6 gb is more than enough

what exactly do you do with your computer??

if you're going to be using 6gb's you are going to need a 64bit operating system (windows vista x64 preferrably)

and either way... weather you choose nvidia or ati, both offer incredibly high performing graphics cards

and if you can wait til january, nvidia will be release their dual gpu card

I am most likely going with vista.

I mainly game on my computer. But I like being able to do many things at a time if possible. For instance playing some game which lately has been **** with the crappy rig, browsing the web, listening to music, talking via skype, torrenting, and possibly running some other programs. With the new games, multitasking is impossible, and even running a hl2 game is taking it's toll, regardless of what else is going.

hey if all this fits your budget, i don't see why not ;)

so lets recap

cpu: core i7 920 ------------------------------------------------- 289.99
mobo: gigabyte x58 UD5 ----------------------------------------- 299.99
ram: g.skill ddr3 1333(or 1600 if you feel like overclocking) 3x2gb --- 240?
video card: (open to ur suggestions) ------------------------------ 300-500
power supply: if you really want to use dual cards, or dual card solution... you need at least 750 watts.. and the corsair 750tx should do great

now you can recycle your hard drives, cd drives, and case

Ok very nice. In the near future I would like to upgrade from this 80gb HDD, possibly when I buy the rest of the guts. I was thinking of handing down this rig to my brother and making some improvements on it, hence the graphics card and a ram upgrade. Maybe even going dual core, I think the Biostar t-force 939 supports it with a flashing the bios. He wouldn't be playing graphical heavy games, just utilizing the HL2 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom