time to search for case

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
That's right. I'd like a big one, with a lots o' room, and will last me years to come. Server size would be pretty nice. Keep it under 125, please. If you need to stretch it a bit, that's fine.

I was into these

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-BA Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

what do you think?

I also will buy some hard drives in the future, and maybe another PSU, so I will utilize some extra room.

well that apollo is a mid tower...

I wanted a full tower too and I just ordered this Stacker 830 for $99.99 after rebate but the rebate just ended... $159.99 normally
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN3-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

You can get this one under $125
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER CM Stacker STC-T01-UW Black/ Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

This one looks like it would bee pretty sweet... two 250's!!!
Newegg.com - XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

oh god haha that windtunnel

I'm down to the cheap centurion 5, or the server size case. Even though there are more expensive ones, I like the look, and such of these. I could also sneak in a hard drive if I do so, too :)

wire management is garbage on the 690, so far the best case imo for wiring is the antec solo

DSC03662.jpg

srry for the crappy pic, didnt bother trying without ambient light

I bought the sunbeam Transformer case... i think its a great bang for the buck case. It comes with plenty of fans so you dont really need to worry about purchasing more oranything like that.

it is very loud... so if you do buy this case i would get the 13 dollar fan control panel that is also made by sunbeam.

of the reviews i have read, everyone says the case is HUGE, and it is HUGE... the only space trouble i had was attaching the power cable to my 8800gt, it is a kinda tight fit.
i will also say that the rails for the 5.25 and 3.5 drive bays are amazingly simple and effective, i love them... however i hate the no screw method of the expansion slots for the pcie and pci slots... i mean.. its functional... but kind of annoying.

all in all its a good case... but i dont have a fan control panel, and this thing is LOUD. from a review i read its at 55db.... however if you get a fan cp then apparently temps are about the same and its down to 35-30 db

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom