Time for a new monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a deal on Circuit City right now for a Proview 22" widescreen LCD for $190 Here

I just went the store to pick up mine, it's HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, hopefully the reviews are true, and it won't die on me soon, has no dead pixels.

The only thing is, I heard that GTG isn't as accurate as black to black or something like that so would 2ms GTG still be good and what would it be compared to regular black to black.

I've heard good things about BenQ.

Me also, but i own a BenQ FP71G+ 17" TFT and it is good, but the backlight bleed is unbearable. In the dark areas of FarCry it is only possible to comfortably see a 14" portion of the screen, as the corners and edges are so awful.

I hope that they have fixed this problem in newer screens.

EDIT: Isnt that Samsung just a 19" version of the 226BW? If it is its a very good panel.

yeah, its just a 19' version, great choice.

When I bought my 17' I didn't plan on using it for gaming since I got it when LCD's were relatively new and it has a 16ms response time and 400:1 contrast, but found I prefer even this old lcd over my crt....good thing is I can easily run far cry & css as 1280x1024 and looks great.

I'd really like to get a 22' and use the 1680x1050 res for web surfing etc but no way my 6800gs handles that res for gaming, so I want to make sure before I buy a new lcd that it scales well and can look good outside its native resolution.

Do many of you guys have a 22' high res monitor, but game at a lower resolution? Can they still look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom