Time for a new monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I'm starting to wonder if its time I upgrade my monitor. Right now I have a Dell E173FP which is basically just a Flat screen/panel 17" with 16ms response time. I was wondering if I were to upgrade to a new monitor with a better response time of maybe 5ms would I see a big difference and is it worth it? Also those of you who have switched to wide screen monitors was it worth it? I would probably go up a few inches as well.

You'd see a good difference in terms of gaming, by going with 5ms.

Widescreen is definitely worth it. I'll never go back to CRTs or full screen.

Budget?

My Acer 22" Wide 5ms screen was a huuuge step up from my old Compaq 15" CRT. I'd never go back as well. If you feel like spending the money, then go for it. What video card are you running?

My budget is around 200 if it was really worth it I would probably go to 250 if it would make a big enough difference from one around 200. My graphics card is a X1950 GT.

Heh, I had those exact two in a comparison listand was about to post them :p

I personally like Acer, but I've heard good things about BenQ.

I had that Dell 17" and I uped it to a Dell 19" and it's amazing. The refresh rate is higher and the image is crisper. That Dell 17" is entry level and a new LCD widescreen is what you need to look out for.

I guess the higher the viewing angle is, the better view you would get, if were to sit from the monitor at an angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom