Time for me to upgrade my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to buy a new CPU now, don't bother with a quad-core. They're a lot more expensive and you're not going to see any real increase in your gaming with it. Games are still sticking with dual cores for now. If you think you're not going to wait for the i7 build, then grab an E8400 and some sort of video card. A lot of good ones have been mentioned.

I still say save your money for an i7 build. If anything, you can buy a beast video card now and use it when you upgrade to the i7. That way you have one less part to buy later and you aren't throwing away any money on the current setup.

If you're going to buy a new CPU now, don't bother with a quad-core. They're a lot more expensive and you're not going to see any real increase in your gaming with it. Games are still sticking with dual cores for now. If you think you're not going to wait for the i7 build, then grab an E8400 and some sort of video card. A lot of good ones have been mentioned.

i disagree with that. games will eventually move over to quads. i bet most games that come out in 2009 will have quad core cpu support. like GTA4. just go with a nice core i7 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom