Time for me to upgrade my PC? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Time for me to upgrade my PC?

If you're going to buy a new CPU now, don't bother with a quad-core. They're a lot more expensive and you're not going to see any real increase in your gaming with it. Games are still sticking with dual cores for now. If you think you're not going to wait for the i7 build, then grab an E8400 and some sort of video card. A lot of good ones have been mentioned.

I still say save your money for an i7 build. If anything, you can buy a beast video card now and use it when you upgrade to the i7. That way you have one less part to buy later and you aren't throwing away any money on the current setup.

thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaricloud View Post
If you're going to buy a new CPU now, don't bother with a quad-core. They're a lot more expensive and you're not going to see any real increase in your gaming with it. Games are still sticking with dual cores for now. If you think you're not going to wait for the i7 build, then grab an E8400 and some sort of video card. A lot of good ones have been mentioned.
i disagree with that. games will eventually move over to quads. i bet most games that come out in 2009 will have quad core cpu support. like GTA4. just go with a nice core i7 build.

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbar71 View Post
games will eventually move over to quads. i bet most games that come out in 2009 will have quad core cpu support.
+1

It just comes down to when he wants to take the plunge. Sooner or later. Later could save a little $$

Closed Thread