Time For Another Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lyrics

In Runtime
Hello baller nerds.

With the release of the ivy bridge cpus coming up its time for me to switch over to Intel from AMD. (should have done it last summer when sandy bridge was out but I didn't want to spend that much)
Mostly into Gaming and alot of mulitasking. Below in the signature you can find my current components. I'm setting the max of 200 for a z77mobo probably ASUS, willing to go with any other brand. ASROCK,GIGABYTE,MSI.

Here are a few mobo's of considering from memory express (they have a retail store where I live so I chose them)
ASUS P8Z77-V LE w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX $169.99
ASUS P8Z77-V-LX w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX $154.99
Maybe this one if its worth the price ASUSP8Z77-V w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, WiFi, SLI / 3-Way CrossFireX $214.99
Would I be-able to used the current ram in my system with those z77 boards?

As for CPU looking for something equivalent to the 2500 or 2600, not sure if I need the 2500k or 2600k since I don't OC/Never tried, but if it really boost my gaming performance I might give it a go.

Finally, one last question about my current PSU. Is it still a good PSU to use? I'll provide a link and picture to the power specification.
OCZ StealthXStream 2 400W-600W Power Supply *EOL - OCZ
http://www.ocztechnology.com/res/manuals/SXS2_allcharts.jpg

Is this more then enough to power my whole system when I upgrade? There enough power on the 12 volt rails to support my GPU(silly question but I just wanna be sure.) Should I upgrade this as well?
Also considering a SSD just for the OS and most frequent programs I use thinking a 60GB or 80 GB would be enough, since SSD are still fairly pricey.
I apologize for this long post and Thank you for reading!

Yeah you can use your current RAM with a Z77 board and IB CPU.

If your current CPU is satisfactory for your multitasking purposes, then I would say go for the i5 3570K.

If your current PSU isn't giving you any problems then stick with it. The IBs will draw less power than your current CPU, so not going to need something beefier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom