Tiger direct, Ebay... buyer beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
I have a wishlist made up on newegg and am poised to start buying. As a responsible consumer, i decided to check some other sources for my parts. I checked TigerDirect and Ebay. BOTH of them were consistantly $20-$40 more expensive than newegg (Ebay had an occational deal, but the shady factor kind of outweighs saving 5 bucks). I'm sure many of you already know this, but i've been seeing postings referencing Tigerdirect.

IMO, you should only stray from Newegg only when all else fails (i.e. they dont carry a part you want) which is rare.

Uh yeah most people here use newegg, but if your out of the USA, then you have no other choice

for me, the napperville warehouse is 10 mins away, which saves me shipping. and every now and then they have some good rebate deals. newegg, on the other hand, has straight out cheaper prices, which does make it superior.

ebay, i'd never trust.

I just go to Pricewatch and find the cheapest price. Way cheaper than Newegg. The only thing I like about TD is their VERY fast shipping.

well... for all you lucky people that don't live in cali... you guys don't have tax on newegg... unlike me... I GOT TAX!!! so it pretty much evens out.. zipzoom fly is better than newegg for me, due to its almost always free shipping

NosBoost300 said:
well... for all you lucky people that don't live in cali... you guys don't have tax on newegg... unlike me... I GOT TAX!!! so it pretty much evens out.. zipzoom fly is better than newegg for me, due to its almost always free shipping

they charge tax if you live in tennessee and nj too. i live in nj but i still order from newegg because i trust them.

I am also a staunch supporter of Zipzoomfly. On this last build I saved about $100-150 dollars over Newegg. I always use pricegrabber.com to check prices. I used to use pricewatcher, but they slacked off on their site upkeep and I found them hard to use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom