Thoughts on this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunn

Beta member
So I'm giving in and just buying an alienware, I'm looking for thoughts on this build for gaming. I'm no computer guru so I'm just coming here to look for some thoughts from the pros. Any help is appreciated

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processors Intel® Core™ i7-2600 (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
Memory 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
Monitors 21.5” Alienware AW2210 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor
Video Card Dual 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6870
Hard Drive 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
Chassis Color Matte Stealth Black Chassis with 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Cooling Option Alienwareâ„¢ High-Performance Liquid Cooling

What's the price of that system?

If that build is for gaming, then 16GB is overkill - you can run most current games fine with 4GB, and 8GB is more than plenty. Also, get 1600MHz instead.

It's better when first buying to get a single, powerful GPU rather than two less powerful ones - it makes upgrading easier and cheaper in the future.

Alienware liquid cooling is garbage, you're much better off going with a decent air cooler.

The power supply and case are also likely to be garbage, compared to any you would choose for going into a self-built system.

Ok got it, it's around 1800 with taxes which is most likely alot but with alienware I hear you get what you pay for.. thats with a pretty decent monitor as well. what do you think?

but with alienware I hear you get what you pay for
They have the exact opposite reputation, actually. They're usually very overpriced and low quality for what you get.

Ok got it, it's around 1800 with taxes
I assume you mean US dollars?

Anyway, you can get a better-configured system for cheaper from somewhere else, from a more reliable company.

What other company would you reccomend that has a good reputation? Yes, I do live in the US.

I'll look into it, I'm really just looking for an extremely reliable company to avoid getting a bad pc, and waiting another few weeks to send it back and all that.. then waiting another few weeks for another one. I don't really know anyone that could build one for me or I would of gone that route already. I'll look into Ibuypower though thanks.

Alienware liquid cooling is garbage, you're much better off going with a decent air cooler.

Not to mention somewhat useless being that the processor can't be overclocked much at all...goes to show how much alienware likes to get money out of people that don't know any better.. :(

Exactly! They make it sound amazing when first, it's not needed, and second, it's a crappy one...but they get people to buy them and that's all they care about... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom