Thinking of Upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileii

Baseband Member
I never really bothered doing up my pc as i was happy with it and perfer to spent my money else where but i need a new upgrade as my pc is outdated.

My budget; 400 euro
Needs : sound card, graphics card and 1gb+ram

Can anyone tell me what i could get for around this budge ? and lol i dont expect an 8800 gtx, a 7800 would be nice :].

512 ram
nVidia 5700le
sound : AC vinyl'97

These are the parts i want to upgrade, i know they suck but they did the job for years :p

By the way will i have to upgrade motherborad since my pc is so sucky ?

Ram sloths : DDR

Your motherboard shouldn't be much of a problem. As for the RAM, you'll want to upgrade that. You'll see a performance increase as well with upgrading your video card.

You could get a 8800GT or the 8800GTS 320MB. That'll be about 200 Euros. Then for the RAM you pick up some Crucial Ballistix PC6400 for about another 80 Euros.

Didn't he say he was on DDR? 6400 is DDR2... isn't it?

I'd run CPU-Z to triple check what your current RAM is, to make sure you get something compatible.

From the sound of it. You have a agp motherboard and you said you have ddr not ddr2. If thats the case you can't get any 8 series cards so you would want to get something like a 7900 or x1950. Or you could add motherboard and cpu to your list.

What cpu do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom