thinking of building my first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are you in canada? cuz if you near Ottawa, i might buy one of the GTX 560 off you if you sell it
Not to far from Ottawa... just a 5 hour or so drive lol About an hour SW of Toronto. From what I have heard though from people in SecondLife, nVidia is the way to go, and people using the 550 are getting better FPS then me on my 6970. So getting the 560 ti superclocked should give an improvement, if not there is something magical and mystical about my computer and why it does not use the power the GPU has to offer.

Could very well be a curse, maybe its because there is a big DELL logo on the case, and it someone draws in negative energy the sucks the power from the computer.

Definitely not to good at secondlife lol Trying to increase the FPS though so it is better, especially in combat, yes there is fighting in secondlife

Will let you know, going to pick it up on my home from work tonight, says they have a few in stock. I think they love me at Canada Computers with all the video cards I have been buying. Just want to get this all sorted so I can sell the rest and be happy... till the next thing I want to change.

a friend in secondlife helped me with some settings in secondlife and that really helped, got me to where I wanted to me FPS wise. Hitting 70 FPS, depending on the sim and how many people on the sim, so I am how I want to be now. Now that I have some good settings for secondlife, I am going to throw the 6970 back in there and see how that fairs against the nvidea and see if ATI really isnt that good for secondlife. Spec wise the 6970 2 gigs should be a better GPU then the 560 ti, so we shall see what card I keep, then come monday I will be selling my 5850, either 6970 or 560 ti, and the 5670 that came with my XP3 8300.

Been interesting getting my computer to where I want it to be, but I do know no from experience and hands on, that the way to go is building your own computer. Working inside that case that came with my dell was tight and limiting, as well as costs more compared to what I could have done building from scratch.

Going to keep the 560 ti, its doing the best for me with what I want to do on this PC. I like the control panel over the ATI one as well. So up will go three ati cards for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom