Thinking about an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Yea so i was thinking about an upgrade on my computer near December was thinking of getting the evaga 8800gts 640mb vid card and a WD raptor x also a samsung 22inch monitor because my current monitor is only a 15inch giving me alot of problems.And im guessing ill have to get a new PSU to if im getting these upgrades so i was thinking about the Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower what do you guys think?Will the current prices come down come December?

well there are next Quarter Price Drops.. but not much... but no 8800gts 640mb... get the 320mb or hd2900xt or pro

but i still can't believe you spent so much on your board and then cheap out on a Vid card...

Yea so i was thinking about an upgrade on my computer near December was thinking of getting the evaga 8800gts 640mb vid card and a WD raptor x also a samsung 22inch monitor because my current monitor is only a 15inch giving me alot of problems.And im guessing ill have to get a new PSU to if im getting these upgrades so i was thinking about the Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower what do you guys think?Will the current prices come down come December?

why the toughpower? Thermaltake make overpriced PSUs for their performance.

Instead of the 8800GTS you should be looking into the HD 2900 PRO that came out.

Also even the Toughpower 750w is a large overkill of your system...

omg... i just noticed the toughpower.. nice eye there man... 750watts is overkill... you need no more than 610... if your overclocking... so get a PC Power and Cooling 610W Silencer or a Corsair 610hx, thermaltake toughpower's are nice... but really really pricey... because you can get Seasonics and PC Power and Cooling PSU's with more amperage on the dual 12v for around the same price

wow... newegg took off the corsair 510hx but nice specs on the Corsair 550hx, +12V@41A impressive!!

You mean the 520HX which is still there....yes 41@ on 12's is PLENTY enough for a single GPU with a quad-core and everything overclocked.

hehe... lol thats right.. 520hx... but this seems like a better buy anyways (the 550hx)

The thing is i got the video card for free so i didnt wanna buy a new vid card yet and for twice the ram on the vid card it only cost 90 dollars more so why cheap out on 70bucks and i want the high power psu for future upgrades also i do plan on gettin 3 of the samsung monitors for a 3 screen multi setup for my computer and all this will be done by the end of next year well the parts i will get on december but for 2 more monitors ill wait a little while first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom