Thinking about the Thermaltake BIG WATER 760. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Thinking about the Thermaltake BIG WATER 760.

I have been thinking about purchasing the Thermaltake BIG WATER 760 to cool my pc. I was thinking of cooling cpu, chipsets, hardrive, VGA and RAM. Well basically everything. Do you think that this watercooling kit is up to the task. Originaly it comes with only the CPU cooling thingy and the reviews for that are not all that fantastic so if I add more stuff to it is that going to cause even less of a cooling effect? Also I am concerned about the noise. I have at the moment a very quiet pc. I have used those sound absorption mats and other stuff to keep the noise down. If I buy this thing and it turns to be too loud then I have achieved nothing. It is also expensive. I can buy a whole bunch of air cooling solutions for that kind of money. So please tell me what you think?!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Thinking about the Thermaltake BIG WATER 760.

I would avoid the Big Water.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

I have calcualted that a proper watercooling solution would cost me 400 euros. Now for that kind of money I could purchase everykind of aircooling solution from the ram down to the chipset. I have a gaming computer so it does produce quite some heat. Should I stick with air cooling?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Water-cooling is a nice option but it is expensive. It's not really necessary unless your overclocking and then it's still not required. I don't have any problems overclocking on air.