Thinking About More Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
With the price of the memory that I have, i have been thinking about getting 2 more GB. it is the Corsair XMS 2 memory in my sig.

My question is...I am not going to be going to Vista anytime soon.....so will I get the benefit from more memory if I am still using XP?

I have heard that it can not utilize 4GB ....Is this true?

What should I do? Thanks for your help.

unless your a heavy gamer and using vista i wouldnt go for more then 2gb of ram
but your smart not going with vista right now, lol i get it for free (legally) and i still dont use it (shows you how bad it is)

unless your a heavy gamer and using vista i wouldnt go for more then 2gb of ram
but your smart not going with vista right now, lol i get it for free (legally) and i still dont use it (shows you how bad it is)

lol nice one fade2black ;)

msdn gace my computer engineering class free keys for vista business

yeah I got that same thing last year, msdn alliance thing. Being an engineer pays off :)

I have 4 gigs of memory in my rig, dual boot with vista 64 - I pretty much never boot into vista, its a hassle to use compared to XP.

i will say it once and say it agen. 4GB IS WAY OVERKILL FOR VISTA. i got 12g 3dmark with 2gb everygame runs great, how much ram do u want? if u havent used vista in detail dont say how much ram u need. i have been using it on my computer for ages and havent had any issues at all. 4gb of ram is just as much overkill in vista as is in xp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom