Thinking about getting a different case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about one inch longer than the standard ATX. I'm not sure if it's considered eATX.

So far I'm reading that it doesn't fit in the FT01. So look for a case that accepts form factors up to eATX.

If you want to take on watercooling, that's great. But if you constantly change parts or clean/maintain the computer often, it's probably easier to go with air.

Watercooling is really only worth it if you are willing to put the time and extra money into putting together a nice loop. You shouldn't half-*** a WC loop. If you want a nice loop, it can provide very good cooling and you will be able to get much better overclocks. I would go with the Lian-Li because it would be really easy to mount the radiator on the back if you want watercooling. The TJ07 would probably be pretty easy to mount it too but neither of those cases have pre-drilled holes so you would have to do that yourself. I would look for a case with pre-drilled holes in the back unless you want to try to mount the radiator on the inside of the case.

If you are interested in WC check out my Apogee GTX I have for sale. Its a great CPU block and all you would need to get is the 1366 mounting bracket for it (plus the rest of the components obviously)

Watercooling is really only worth it if you are willing to put the time and extra money into putting together a nice loop. You shouldn't half-*** a WC loop. If you want a nice loop, it can provide very good cooling and you will be able to get much better overclocks. I would go with the Lian-Li because it would be really easy to mount the radiator on the back if you want watercooling. The TJ07 would probably be pretty easy to mount it too but neither of those cases have pre-drilled holes so you would have to do that yourself. I would look for a case with pre-drilled holes in the back unless you want to try to mount the radiator on the inside of the case.

If you are interested in WC check out my Apogee GTX I have for sale. Its a great CPU block and all you would need to get is the 1366 mounting bracket for it (plus the rest of the components obviously)

I just keep on coming across beautiful TJ07 water cooled, like some of the murdermod ones. Gezz! So if I did build a TJ07 it would be modeled after one of those, with time and effort put into the water loop.....no worries.

The Lian Li just looked great to me when I saw the picture, plus I've seen some pictures with my motherboard mounted in it, so I know it fits unlike the FT01. Plus I've even seen some fit a water cooling system in it. (with the radiator on the front, underneath the front panel.)

So both cases are water coolable, but the TJ07 seem to be a better bet if I want to go H20, plus I can reverse the motherboard tray and show off the water blocked 4870x2 through a top window :) mounting the radiator on the bottom of the case seems simple and has great air flow through there. Plus there is the edition to murdermod parts if I feel $$$ in the future.

The Lian Li case would be great because of its size, it is shorter than my cosmos s and half the length of it....that is sweet. Looks stunning, I wouldn't mind a window but that can be done in the future. The airflow seems good to keep it as a air setup, but like I said it has the option to be water (cramped, but possible).

The dilemma continues. lol

The TJ-07 makes a great watercooling case.

It does take a bit of modding it get it done right. This involves fabricating mounts for the radiators in the bottom of the case.

yup but that is easy compared to other fabrications and case modding. I think at least, I would rather fit a radiator in the bottom of the case on some mounts than try and cut a window in the side of a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom