think its good for my dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but if he doesn't have the $2000 up front, then you can't beat the payment plan. But otherwise you could get MUCH better parts for the money.

the best card they had in stock was a 8600gts and were in canada we cant buy off newegg and finaly he needed financed as he didnt have the cash for it and its way betterthen the dell he was looking at which was gonna cost him 4000$ with the interest and the other system he was looking at was 1700 for just the tower this one was only 1000 and he bought the 8600gts from the store but ya the tower for 1700 only had a e4200 and a 7600gt and i thought that was quite a rip so i told him to take the cheaper one and put in the200 dollar video card and he wanted 400 dollar speakers a 200 dollars keyboard set and a 400 dollar monitor so the price of the tower isnt really bad if you think about it 1200 with an 8600gts vista ultimate 2 gb ram i think he did quite well oh and the only games hes ever played on pc were graw and fear he liked graw alot more tho tried to get him into vegas but he didnt seem interested also i tried to get him to play css but he does want to play graw 2 but hel play that with ease on that system and gfx are not really an option for him he has me configure them for him he doesnt care what they look like

It's not the worst deal I have seen for a PC really. Not too bad for a local store really but as everyone said you could build a monster off the egg with that but if it doesn't matter then it's ok.

not a pad PC for the price, considering it comes with monitor, peripherals etc and vista.

what makes you say the 8600GT isn't good, Saltynay? It is more than capable for gaming... true it may be a little on the pricey side, but it isn't a bad card.

not a pad PC for the price, considering it comes with monitor, peripherals etc and vista.

what makes you say the 8600GT isn't good, Saltynay? It is more than capable for gaming... true it may be a little on the pricey side, but it isn't a bad card.

It's not a great card either. The 8600GT is only 10-15% faster than a 7600GT which are already getting outdated pretty badly. I just don't like the lower 8 series cards becuase they are too lower power to think about playing future DX10 games very good anyway and thats the only advantage they have over their DX9 counterparts. A 7900GS is quite a bit faster than an 8600GT for the same price.

an 8600Gt is designed for a media centre which means high definition tv with low resolution and light gaming it is basically an upgrae from the 8500gt and like the 8500gt it has a special hd decoding chip which is lacking from the 8800gts although traditionally the x600 of a series have been budget gaming I believe with the new dx10 the x600 of series will be for low gaming media centre use and the x800 will be for budget gaming hence why they have introduced a 320mb version

yea, but it will still game reasonably well. if it was the best GPU he could get, then that is fair enough.

PCs for parents etc are always a tricky issue. My dad will insist on buying dells, which is fair enough as he gets the warranty and support, so when I am away in uni etc, if stuff goes wrong, he can get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom