Thermalright Venomous X CPU Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I'm planning on buying the Venomous X, but don't know what fan/fans to buy for it.......... Anybody have any recommendation on good but not very expensive fans? I was gonna go with the Noctua U12P SE; but I really can't get passed the colors of it; even though I know it'll perform great...........

Has anybody bought the Venomous X? How does it compared to the TRUE-120???

Sycthe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm's are nice. kinda pricey though, like $19 a pop

I don't mind paying $20 for a nice fan to cool my CPU Heatsink. But I want a fan that I can control the speeds of it externally......... Like the Tuniq Tower 120 I'm using now.

Any suggestions?

Pretty sure you can control any fan you want. Just need a fan controller, which usually aren't too expensive. You could always steal the one you're using for your tuniq to use, should work fine.

That fan is not very good, plus the CFM is very misleading. In fact they are rebranded Thermaltakes who are notorious for taking highly inaccurate sound measurements as well as volume of air pushed. I had one on my Thermalright Ultra-120 and found that it was overly loud and not very good.

If you are looking for fans you can try to get some Scythe Gentle Typhoons and connect them to a fan controller.

The thing to look for with fans is high CFM, but with low rpm and low dbA. What most people don't realise is that you cant just rely on a low dbA for low noise. High speed fans will sound louder at the same dbA compared to slower ones, because humans are more sensitive to higher pitch noises. So basically you want the highest CFM you can get with a fan >18dBA and >1800rpm. If you get up to 3000rpm they will sound very noisy almost regardless of the dbA rating.

As for reviews of heatsinks and so on, this is generally regarded as the most reputable site around:

FrostyTech - Best Heat Sinks & PC Cooling Reviews

That fan is not very good, plus the CFM is very misleading. In fact they are rebranded Thermaltakes who are notorious for taking highly inaccurate sound measurements as well as volume of air pushed. I had one on my Thermalright Ultra-120 and found that it was overly loud and not very good.

If you are looking for fans you can try to get some Scythe Gentle Typhoons and connect them to a fan controller.

I disagree, Silverstone's are my favorite fans and I've tried 100's of fans.

Their Cooling Goodness is only matched by my Overclocking Prowess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom