Thermal Paste Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
where and how much of the thermal paste do you put on? if the heatsink has stick on it, do you still just put it on?

AMD box processors come with a fan, and that grey square is the thermal compound. but when i built my intel system 6 years ago (??) i put about a spot that (if it were a sphere) an 1/8 inch in diameter. 'course the processor was diffferent back then, what kind of processor is it?

only worning - computers dont like waffel runoff. dont put to little or too much, just enough to cover the die.

yea search the forums. but its a rice grain on the dye thats on the cpu and if there isnt a die then the upper right habd corner. just a rice grane size and spread with heatsink.

no_Wedge said:
where and how much of the thermal paste do you put on? if the heatsink has stick on it, do you still just put it on?

I am sorry, but your description is somewhat vague. Are you saying that there is a thermal pad already on there? And whether you need to put thermal gel like Arctic Silver on it as well?.. :eek:. Don't!

Or do you just have a fresh clean surface on the heatsink... In which case how much of gel you apply and "how" you apply depends on the type of gel you use. AS 5 for example, requires about 1 1/4 long grain rice sized portion in the middle of the CPU.. You put the heatsink on and twist it a couple degrees both ways (twist not move), and then let it burn in for a week or so.. Turn it off now and then to let it cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom