There has got to be something wrong with my system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hm...... Load Temp - Idle Temp should not equal to greater than 10*C correct?

Well, take a look.

Idle: Temperature in Celcius
Motherboard: 38
CPU: 45
CPU1: 55
CPU2: 57
CPU3: 52
CPU4: 52

But watch what happens when I run 4 Orthos, one on each core, look at the temps go up. I am running at stock speeds BTW.

I added 15C on SpeedFan on the Configuration place so it reads the same as Everest.

Thats running for only 1 minute and temps gone up over 25C just on the CPU alone! From 45C to 71C, just imagine if I ran it for 6 hours, my CPU would be dead.

idle-load difference should be in that area yes, but it could be more than 10* celcius.
i think you should send your cpu back and see if you get one that runs a little cooler. and save yourself some worry, dude.

I think pinoy is going to pop a blood vessel soon. You never do mention how hot it is in your room. If ambient temps are way up so will the cpu temps. BTW, 100% load is in no way any indication of what the computer is going to run at in normal day to day use.

So it could be the CPU is bad or my thermalpaste?

Grrr, im really mad. :(

My room temp is only 72C

the only time i have ever used my computer 100% was when i was running orthos lol. all the other time i run it, its nowhere near full usage.

Ok phew. Thank god!!!!!

I just reseated it, I bought Arctic Silver 5 from a local Radio Shack, it was the Thermaltake Brand Arctic Silver 5.

I reseated it!!!!

When i took out my heatsink, wow, the thermalpaste was only touching the sides!!!!

There was no thermalpaste on the center at all, just a line on the corner thats it!!!

Good thing I reseated it. So I applied the Arctic Silver 5 in the center of the CPU and then twisted it. I applied just about the size of a pea. not rice.

so ye, I just booted it, looked at the BIOS, temp is 37C.

Thats way better than 45C.

Phew. Lets test this out and see what the temp is on load. See, the temp dropped! And it hasnt even cured yet, so at stock it should be around 35C then right? idle.

So the temp on full load for 2 minutes is 53C on the CPU, from 38C idle, so thats about right, 15C difference which is ok. Not 10C but it hasnt cure yet :D

Hopefully i didnt apply too much paste though.

But hey, 53C is better than 75C!

So ye, thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom