There has got to be something wrong with my system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when I applied the Arctic Silver 5, I think I may have put more than I needed. :(

OC'ed right now at the settings on my sig and temp right now on Everest are:

Motherboard: 42
CPU: 43
Core 1: 54
Core 2: 57
Core 3: 51
Core 4: 55

So not sure if its about right, but if the mobo is about the same temp at idle as the CPU, I think its fine isn't it? Or do I have to reseat it again? Ill give it a few days, two to three weeks maybe or even a month and see if I see any difference. If not, I might Order a new heatsink or something. I hear that the Tuniq Tower 120 does not like the Quad Processors.

But full load temps havent gone over 62.2*C yet, so I think ill be fine considering that I just reseated it.

One last question, is the 62. 2*C temperature the for the CPU temp or the Core temps? Cuz my core temps are around 10*C higher than my CPU temps.

check the AS5 website, you are supposed to use a small line going accross the cores. CPU temp is pretty useless, you just want to make sure your core temps dont go past 61C.

What? I thought make sure the CPU temp doesnt go past 62C

Hm.... my CPU temp goes to 60C and the Core temps are around 10~15C higher than the CPU temp.

That cant be right. I applied it differently from what the website says.

I put a pea size paste in the middle, put my heatsink on and then twisted it like b1gapl said.

Anyway, at full load my temps are like this......

Default Re: There has got to be something wrong with my system!
Also, when I applied the Arctic Silver 5, I think I may have put more than I needed.

OC'ed right now at the settings on my sig and temp right now on Everest are:

Motherboard: 42
CPU: 60
Core 1: 75
Core 2: 74
Core 3: 71
Core 4: 74

If your cores are hitting 70+ and its not a G0 you are getting some serious throttling due to the heat.

Hm. okay I just reseated it again! when I took it out, there was too much paste on the heatsink and the cpu, it was all over the place. So I did the instructions from Arctic's website, then twisted it. Took the heatsink off after twisting it to see how much paste I put on, it was a bit too much too, so I wiped the paste from the heatsink and then put it back on, then twisted it again. It didnt seem like it would stick at all. Maybe it was too little paste.

So anyway, I ran out of alcohol wipes and just kept it that way so now im booted.

And temp in the BIOS is 45C

Right now I think its just about the same temp as it was before I reseated it again.

So maybe its as good as it gets?

Grrr, im done reseating it for today. I reseated it twice already and used the Arctic Silver 5 twice too.

Im out of alcohol wipes, so I cant reseat it anymore :( not untill I get more wipes :( sad.

I dont know, lolz. Im running it at stock right now and heres the temps right now with AC on btw. So my room temp is freezing.

Everest readings...

Mobo: 36
CPU: 35
Core 1: 45
Core 2: 45
Core 3: 43
Core 4: 45

Stock settings and idle, not doing anything. Kinda high. Hopefully it will be like the one below when the Arctic Silver 5 is fully cured....

CPU: 30
Core 1: 40
Core 2: 40
Core 3: 40
Core 4: 40

Hope it will be like that or lower.

Edit: Im gonna be redoing my wiring in my case. Going to wrap them with Electrical Tape. I did it on the wire for the Fan on the TT120 already. It looked better. Kinda time consuming though. But well worth it. Cheap way to organize the wires together :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom