Are there any real good motherboards out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neweggs reviews are a good 'first look' at the products, but don't solely base it on them, as stated before.. most of Neweggs buyers that review.. don't know jack. I'd say about 90% of the people that review the motherboards, and give it a "don't buy this, it's junk" review, haven't got there voltages set right, especially on the ones with POST errors.

Look at the reviews, but read in detail. The more they give, and more 'geek terms' they use, the more they SHOULD know about what they are doing, and those types that use actual part names and know what they are talking about tend to give 4-5 eggs. The ones that state "this board is junk! stay away from Asus!" obviously don't know what they did, or what to do, or they just hate Asus and are trying to discourage others from buying it.

You get the picture.

I was in a hurry. From a 2.4 - 2.8 on my Q6600 that I have right now.

With some decent ram, you could definitely get it to an easy 3.0Ghz. Proper cooling, and you'll be a'okay. If anything the system wont run if its too much to handle, but I'm sure you can get it to an easy 3.0Ghz

Lol I doubt theres any performance gain from that OC. Oh well though, if you don't care to OC, your choice.

So, is there a performance gain from 2.8 to 3.0?

Would I gain anything from moving up to the gigabyte board GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P from my abit board? I like to change once in a while and was just wondering if the move was worth it?

So no real gain? Shoot. Do you think boosting up to 8gb of memory will help any of my video applications. I use Sony Vegas Pro for 64bit Vista.

So no real gain? Shoot. Do you think boosting up to 8gb of memory will help any of my video applications. I use Sony Vegas Pro for 64bit Vista.

Yes 8gb will help video apps, but not my a huge amount. More memory will help if you have lots of clips open at once, that sort of thing.

Replacing your motherboard will not get you any real gains. If you do alot of video editing you might also want to consider getting a fast hard drive so you can access clips alot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom