Thanks for the help everyone, just made my final purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, I can't think of ONE person who has fried a C2D chip, as most of the time as someone stated your computer will turn off before anything bad happens.

And the only way to damage a video card is by changing the stock voltage. It is virtually impossible to damage a card by overclocking the mhz but not changing the volts.

Alright, since people are reading this thread I won't make a new one i'll just ask here. Any FPS gamers recommend a mouse? I got a wolf claw type II, i love the circle of death, I'm thinking of the M5, but there's a razerhead or something that looks good. Also is over clocking done from the desktop or do i open the parts up?

This mouse right here has been tested to be one of the finest gaming mouses made.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104178

I have that exact same one and it is extremely smooth and feels great. The 2 side buttons are in perfect spots and I use them all the time for switching weapons in FPS games. I honestly don't think I could play a FPS game without them.

As for the overclocking question. Overclocking is done from the BIOS before you boot up windows. If you actully have to mess with your hardware it becomes a hardware mod, I myself have not done a hardware mod as it is A LOT more dangerous and voids all warranties. I already told you that overclocking alone usually cannot be detected thus does not void warranties.

Sora said:
This mouse right here has been tested to be one of the finest gaming mouses made.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104178

I have that exact same one and it is extremely smooth and feels great. The 2 side buttons are in perfect spots and I use them all the time for switching weapons in FPS games. I honestly don't think I could play a FPS game without them.

As for the overclocking question. Overclocking is done from the BIOS before you boot up windows. If you actully have to mess with your hardware it becomes a hardware mod, I myself have not done a hardware mod as it is A LOT more dangerous and voids all warranties. I already told you that overclocking alone usually cannot be detected thus does not void warranties.
thanks for the mouse link, and i know you said it probably can't be detected, but I just don't know what BIOS and stuff means. I really know nothing about computers I just like playing games and having them look nice. When I get my computer in a few weeks I'll read up on the guides and talk to you again about it.

I have the MX 510 AND IT IS PRETTY TOIGHT! Similar to above^....but do some reading dude, about computers and overclocking....you need to understand computers before you overclock...its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom