Thanks for the help everyone, just made my final purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
Case: Digital Storm Twister LITE (Black Aluminum Edition)
Power Supply: 600W Seasonic (SLI Compatible) (S12 Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (2MB Cache) (Conroe)
Motherboard: Asus P5N-SLI (Chipset: nForce 570 Intel) (SLI Compatible) (Conroe)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Corsair at 667MHz (Dual Channel)
Floppy / Media: Sony 1.44MB Floppy (Black Edition)
Hard Drive 1: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: Sony DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x) (Includes Power DVD)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
Sound Card: Motherboard Multi-Channel High Definition Audio (7.1 Channel)
Cooling: Air Cooling (Certified Digital Storm Heat-sink and Fan (Stage 1 Cooling)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
User Manual: FREE! Personalized Elite Digital Storm Binder (Paperwork / Benchmarks / CDs / Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home (Includes Windows Vista Basic Upgrade)
Keyboard: Wolf Claw Type II Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G5

definitely will do. it'll be about 2 weeks:eek: but it deff seems worth it to me. i can't wait, i'm kind of more excited about that awesome keyboard/mouse than I am about the computer =)
ONE last thing, i can get one of those sound cards like you have, should I or is the one I have good enough?

Try out the one you have already. Onboard sound is pretty decent these days, but each to their own.

Nice build, nice PSU...

I decided to stay w/ the onboard, I'm also going to need a great headset, I had a gamecom pro 1 but the microphone stopped working, ****ing 95 dollar headset gone. i never abused it or anything i was so careful, but anyway, I just want to know 2 things now that the order has gone thru. on a scale of 1-10 where does my computer stand, would OCing make a HUGE difference, like how much more FPS do I need? How much more FPS will I get?

It rocks without overclocking....that being said YOU WILL overclock it, cause they are designed to do so and maintain decent temps...it doesnt take much to do a mild or heavy overclock...there are tons of threads here already about ocing core2's...good luck

scale of 1-10? I guess your worried about bragging rights....8.25/10

cementshoes said:
definitely will do. it'll be about 2 weeks:eek: but it deff seems worth it to me. i can't wait, i'm kind of more excited about that awesome keyboard/mouse than I am about the computer =)
ONE last thing, i can get one of those sound cards like you have, should I or is the one I have good enough?
Good enough if you have never heard a pc with a good soundcard/speaker setup! There IS a difference with a good soundcard but that difference will only be notice if you have equally good speakers, obviously.

For example im running some 5.1 Logitech x530's, they sound much better/louder with this X-fi xtreme sound card, the sub is much more punchy aswell.

So id say if you havent got 5.1(or better) speakers then leave it as onboard.

You can always use an external mice with the headset. There'd be no feedback since you'll have the earphones on.

Stay with XP... leave Vista alone. besides, when you upgrade on top of XP, it invalidates your XP key. It is thereafter useless.

Overclocking a C2D is completely worth it. With that ram you'll be able to hit at least 2.71ghz instead of the standard. With a little overclocking on the ram I say you could hit 2.9ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom