Temps too hot? Reapplying thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I think I applied the MX-1 thermal paste to my computer wrong ( left air bubbles by lifting it up to check during installation ) since even with a tuniq tower my CPU temperatures are still running a bit hot I think ( Core temp reads core #0,1,2,3 at 45 Celcius , 38 celcius, 34 celcius, 43 celcius ). All the temps were at idle thought I did read somewhere that the q6600 g0s have something changed that leads to incorrect temp readings? Anyone hear anything about this?

Note: all q6600 settings are stock

I was wondering what the removal procedure was. Can I just unscrew my tuniq tower and pull it off? Im worried the bond is tight now and it might damage the computer top? Is it acceptable to use coffee filters and isopropyl alcohol to clean it up? MX-1 sure is sticky sticky and thick stuff...

When you take off the heatsink, don't pull it straight up or off. Twist the heatsink left and right, while pulling up slowly.

Of course you can use coffee filters and isopropyl alcohol to clean the thermal paste up.

Those temperatures are pretty high for idle. Is it overclocked?

When you take off the heatsink, don't pull it straight up or off. Twist the heatsink left and right, while pulling up slowly.

Of course you can use coffee filters and isopropyl alcohol to clean the thermal paste up.

Those temperatures are pretty high for idle. Is it overclocked?

forgot to say everything stock, I haven't optimized my cable management thought ( everythings just thrown in there ) but I don't think it would make that much of a differance. Also I don't think my tuniq towers speed adjuster works since when I move it there seems to be no change in sound at all.

Note: When i first powered up the computer first thing i did was go to BIOS and went to PC health and saw the CPU temps to be 26-27 celcius

I have a Tuniq and a quad and at stock I was hitting 33,33,32,32. I did the line method with my AS5 Paste. Oh and I also had a pull up during my Tuniq install. I was thinking about doing a re-seat as well but I'm not sure if my temps justify that(?). I'm still a noob to this whole thing ya know. That being said, comparitively, something does seem off with your temps when compared to mine

my highest temp ever recorded is 51C and thats at full load and oced at my current speed 3.2GHz 1.362 VCore.

Idle is around 30~35C depends on how long its been off and when i go to bios.

Edit: Also when u set ur voltage in bios to automatic, sometimes it goes higher than normal. Like mine when i had it in stock and full load, vcore goes up to around 1.35V

You are also only running a dual core pinoy, so your temps are going to be a lot lower than quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom