Temps are steadily going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
At 4o'clock today I left for work, so I let my computer set at idle.

The temps were 37,35,33,30 at idle

I come back 5hours later they are now

32,31,30,24 at idle

Amazing!

I guess the MX-1 is starting to cure.

its starting to cure.. good.. question.. mg.. does ur ultra cross with the tuniq tower? as in run itno each other

At 4o'clock today I left for work, so I let my computer set at idle.

The temps were 37,35,33,30 at idle

I come back 5hours later they are now

32,31,30,24 at idle

Amazing!

I guess the MX-1 is starting to cure.

You only get 150 more score then me in 3dbench06 with a 8800 ultra? That doesnt seem too right, make sure u get the latest drivers. Also be sure to get rivatuner and set your Ultra for 100% fan speed if it idles more then 70 celcius. Yes the fan will die out faster, but you can just RMA the card ( if XFX provides lifetime warranty like EVGA ) and also note I found out my 8800 GTX was not only running hot itself at the default 60% fan speed, but also bringing up my ambient temperatures up! When I set it to 100% it lowered the ambient temp as well 5-6 celcius! I'd say overall you would increase the lifespan of your other cpu parts by doing this, so I'd say its well worth it.

odd.. thats weird.. mgcook plz don't tell me u used the forceware drivers on the CD

You only get 150 more score then me in 3dbench06 with a 8800 ultra? That doesnt seem too right, make sure u get the latest drivers. Also be sure to get rivatuner and set your Ultra for 100% fan speed if it idles more then 70 celcius. Yes the fan will die out faster, but you can just RMA the card ( if XFX provides lifetime warranty like EVGA ) and also note I found out my 8800 GTX was not only running hot itself at the default 60% fan speed, but also bringing up my ambient temperatures up! When I set it to 100% it lowered the ambient temp as well 5-6 celcius! I'd say overall you would increase the lifespan of your other cpu parts by doing this, so I'd say its well worth it.

yeah i know. i was expecting at least a 12.5k

i have all the current nvidia drivers and all. i dont know what it is..it could be i was using a x16 AA & AF. i havent ran a test yet on the low settings.

fan speed is at 100%, it idles around 55*C. I ran lost planet and farcry for about 2 hours earlier today. immediatly i checked the GPU temp after i closed them and it was only 58*C

odd.. thats weird.. mgcook plz don't tell me u used the forceware drivers on the CD

i used the CD provided, then used the internet to get the latest drivers. im not sure of the versions. i can check on that.

yeah i know. i was expecting at least a 12.5k

i have all the current nvidia drivers and all. i dont know what it is..it could be i was using a x16 AA & AF. i havent ran a test yet on the low settings.

fan speed is at 100%, it idles around 55*C. I ran lost planet and farcry for about 2 hours earlier today. immediatly i checked the GPU temp after i closed them and it was only 58*C

i used the CD provided, then used the internet to get the latest drivers. im not sure of the versions. i can check on that.

run the test on default like everyone else, thats how we bench accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom