Tell me what you think: High-end gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could go for the e8400 but e7200 is very nice.

----q6600----
I would say whats listed there is a top end gaming system and you wont find many people who have similar or better.

How?

I call my computer mid/high end (probably more mid/low).

When you think about what a general pc is, most people are still on there p4 and athlons. If you looked at world statistic i would say only something like 0.01% of the population would have something as good as you.

but top end is held to those willing to shell out insane amounts of money... lets look at ferrari and lamborghini, those are what i'd like to call top end...

now you have cars that are just as fast.. for less money... say the corvette, lotus elise, and other cars such as those... now are those top end... nah.. i think not.. fast no doubt.. but not top end

top end i would say just barely starts at me, because there are so many more options left above me

but again, this is a personal opinion :)

top end usually means there is nothing more you can really do.. and my options.. well there's plenty... more ram, another video card, better cpu, better mobo... and it goes on

I agree with NosBoost....top end is were talking people with their Asus Maximus boards in dual or tri sli 9800gx2's with water cooled q6700's coming close to 4ghz.

When i think top-end i think bleeding edge thousands of dollars in the PC.

High-end is more of a q6600 on air with a single 9800gx2 or 3870x2.

I consider my build mid-high end honestly...sure it's still way more powerful than the majortiy of people who game however it is nowhere NEAR bleeding edge.

glad someone agrees :p

there are enthusiasts... then there are extreme enthusiasts... i think i fall somewhere inbetween the two :p

i love my hardware... but i don't love spending grands....

i will admit.. i used to love it alot more when you had alot of money to be on top though.. cuz then i didnt feel like i wasted my money when i bought an 8800gts 640 mb... or that x1950xtx... the 8800gts 640 was 450 dollars on launch... and everything below it.. was FAR below it.. same for the x1950xtx... to come close to top dogs.. you had to just shell out for top dog... none of this 8800gt 9600gt stuff that was closer to the high end dogs like the 8800gtx.... its insane how cheap it is now.. and its ruined the fun just a lil bit for me... the person that likes to spend big money to be ahead of the game

i paid 500 dollars for this gx2... and i feel its a bargain.. considering i paid 460ish for my old 8800gtx that was 30% slower... people complain too much these days.. parts used to cost WAY more than what you were getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom