Tell me what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbinnerarity

Baseband Member
Alright, I'm planning to build my first computer this Holiday season and I've been researching a lot on what's good, but I'm still new with this and i wanna know what you guys think would be better, or if i could get a better deal somewhere else?.......

This one i customized on halocomputers.com......this is where I'm not sure to go with Intel or AMD...i'm leaning towards AMD? Well heres what i got so far:

(Case) Raidmax Sagitta Case

(MoBo) Either a Gigabite MA69GM, AM2 DC, 800 MHz mem/ or Biostar TA770 AM2 + Quad/DC, 800 MHz mem (both same price)

(CPU) AM2 5200 Brisbane + 2.7 GHz

(HardDr) WD 500 GB + 3.0 BG/s

(Mmry) 4GB DDR2 800MHz (2x2GB)

(DVD Dr) 20x DVDRW IDE DVD Burner

(Video) Nvidia 8600 GTS, 256 MB, 128-Bit

(Power) Logisys 580w

Windows XP Pro SP

This one i can get for 845....and i think its a better buy. So if i missed anything or if anybody has suggestions the please reply.Also ill need to be looking at a monitor but i dont think that should be so hard.
Tell me what you think! Thanx

you can get alot better build then that for the money, i would get a parts list for you but im a lil busy atm

Not worth it IMO. What is your budget and what are you going to mainly be using it for? I'd go with something like this for casual gaming/multi purpose.

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit English 1pk for System Builders DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

The total is around $830 AFTER mail in rebates without a case. So just pick whichever case you like and you've got a much more powerful machine for not much more $$$ wise.

I would like to stay under 1000 and I'd like to use it for gaming. Mainly counter strike and cod4 if you know anything about that? And I live around the Dallas area.

Not worth it IMO. What is your budget and what are you going to mainly be using it for? I'd go with something like this for casual gaming/multi purpose.

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit English 1pk for System Builders DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

The total is around $830 AFTER mail in rebates without a case. So just pick whichever case you like and you've got a much more powerful machine for not much more $$$ wise.

Would this work with like a raidmax sagitta? Im not too worried about the case its just one that i really like.

Also, I just customized it but they're going to put it together for me. If i just bought the parts do you think i could put it together myself? and would i save much money?

Would this work with like a raidmax sagitta? Im not too worried about the case its just one that i really like.

You can put that in any ATX case, so yeah the sagitta would work.

Also, I just customized it but they're going to put it together for me. If i just bought the parts do you think i could put it together myself? and would i save much money?

Of course you could put it together yourself. It's not as difficult/intimidating as it seems. As long as you have a well lit workspace and stay organized it's extremely easy. The majority of the parts will only go in one way, and if it doesn't fit then you know you're trying to put it in the wrong spot. And yeah you'd save some money. Quite a bit actually. I just plugged the build in your first post into newegg (had to change PSU and picked some nice RAM) and it came out to $646.92 after shipping, after mail in rebates you're looking at $576.92 if you built it yourself. So close to a $270 savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom