Tell me what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
Ok so I want to upgrade, but I dont want to spend that much money. Maybe a couple hundred dollars.

I currenty have a 2.8 Pentium 4 (LGA 775) socket. Now the dual core I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116239
Should fit right in, correct? Then put a Zalman on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118003
and overclock it.

Do you think the small upgrade would increase performance, and be worth the money. And yes I know about the Conroe, so please dont mention it. I dont want to buy a whole new system. Thanks.

You might get mad at me, but whatever. If you do get Conroe, you won't have to buy a whole new system. The Conroe's are the same socket as what you have now. So you can possibly get a Core 2 Duo E6300 for around $200, which leaves you $50 (considering all you want to spend is $250) for a cooling device.

So with that being said, don't shoot the messenger.

Really, same socket? Thats good news. Ill consider it. Some more questions. Do you think Ill need to upgrade power supply for the Conroe, or will 450 Watt be enough.

viperman5000 said:
You might get mad at me, but whatever. If you do get Conroe, you won't have to buy a whole new system. The Conroe's are the same socket as what you have now. So you can possibly get a Core 2 Duo E6300 for around $200, which leaves you $50 (considering all you want to spend is $250) for a cooling device.

So with that being said, don't shoot the messenger.

The best advice I can give, is to not listen to this guy.

ya cause the conroe's wont work in the older lga 733 motherboards.. that guy has no clue wut he is talking about and should look up some stuff on the net to make sure before he posts ramdon shi*!

Ok back to my first point, what do you guys think of the upgrade I want to perform, at the top of the post.

Oh, I don't know what I'm talking about. Right. 2fast4u, what are you talking about? He already has a "a 2.8 Pentium 4 (LGA 775)." You know what that means? It means it is the same exact socket as the Conroes. Which in turn means he can buy a Conroe and use it. I'm done with you.

As for Khann, you don't deserve a response.

So, with that being said. Da11en47, a Conroe is the same exact socket as what you said you had. So just let us know what kind of motherboard you have.

As for your PSU, I'm not entirely sure. If it came with the case, then no. But you might have to say what it actually is (brand). Chances are, you might have to get a new one.

I don't get you, are you saying you wouldn't wait 7 days or so, and shell out a hundred dollars more than your proposed "upgrade" for even an E6300/motherboard, which would perform LEAGUES better than the processor you suggested?

viperman5000 said:
Oh, I don't know what I'm talking about. Right. 2fast4u, what are you talking about? He already has a "a 2.8 Pentium 4 (LGA 775)." You know what that means? It means it is the same exact socket as the Conroes. Which in turn means he can buy a Conroe and use it. I'm done with you.

As for Khann, you don't deserve a response.

So, with that being said. Da11en47, trust me, a Conroe will work with that motherboard you have. If you don't trust me, you can look it up for yourself.

As for your PSU, I'm not entirely sure. If it came with the case, then no. But you might have to say what it actually is (brand). Chances are, it probably won't work.
I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea, do you, Conroe's/Allendales are only compatible with LGA 775 motherboards that have a 975x chipset, and even then, it has to be of a certain revision.

dwarf said:
I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea, do you, Conroe's/Allendales are only compatible with LGA 775 motherboards that have a 975x chipset, and even then, it has to be of a certain revision.
That's why I edited my post because at the moment, we don't know what motherboard he has. And yes, I knew that it had to have a special type of chipset.

Yah but still dont tell him to get a Conroe if you dont know what board he has, not many boards will be compatable with conroe some will be in the future with a bios update but thats not a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom