Tell me how things look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakigi

Solid State Member
Im finally putting together my first computer.... Im really looking forward to playing the game Age of Conan, one of the first dx10 supporters, so a lot of what i chose came from that. Please, tell me how things look. By the way, does anyone have any suggestions for Vista compatible combo drives? thanks.

Lian-Li ATX Mid Tower case
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-60USB B2 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

MSI P6N Sli Platinum 650i mobo
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Zalman Cooling Fan and Heatsink
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320mb vid card
Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Seagate 320mb sata hd
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

2 x G. Skill 2GB (total 4GB) memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Corsair 620 Watt Power Supply
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

HannsG 19" widescreen lcd monitor
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Windows Vista 64-bit Home basic
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Basic for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM

Driver? help me out please.

With shipping, tax, speakers, mouse, keyboard, and an operating system, it came out to 1800.

Looks good, but I'd go for what gurusan suggested.

2gb of ram is all you need.

The AF7 is the best bang for your buck cooler. And the Tuniq is one of the best coolers, available.

I would argue with that as his monitor doesn't need the extra 320mb of ram on the graphics car whilst vista will suck up all the memory it can find so I think the money is better spent on the RAM rather then the graphics card

I would agree with salty, because the 320mb, will handle 1440x900 just fine. I don't think, his Vista will suck up memory. He's only getting the Home Basic. Anyway I still think, anymore ram than 2gb is, unnecessary. 2gb can handle the premium edition, easily along with gaming.

but vista uses 40% of the entire Ram capacity to preload programs so more capacity = more programs preloaded. It probably isn't that big a deal with the basic edition.

get rid fo the 4gb ram, and go for crosair 2gb ram. You only really need 520w psu so save some money there, try and get a 640mb gts and maybe the asus p5 wifi deluxe mobo? good for overclocking which what i assume you will do with that processor

get rid fo the 4gb ram, and go for crosair 2gb ram. You only really need 520w psu so save some money there, try and get a 640mb gts and maybe the asus p5 wifi deluxe mobo? good for overclocking which what i assume you will do with that processor

Nah dont go with the corsair ram. It costs more than the g.skill, and the g.skill is the best price-performance memory out there. The HZs (black ones) are a much better deal than the XMS 2 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom