Hello over the past week I have been trying to upgrade my AMD 3200+ to a half way decient computer for about 500 dollars. Well I just found out that instead of paying out for taxes im accually getting 1,800 dollars back tomorrow, Plus another 600 from the State in 4-6 weeks. Now im happy to say that I will be canceling my plans on upgrading my AMD 3200 and Drop kicking it out the window down 2 stories. =P
Out of the 1800 I can spend $1,500USD
I have put together a list that I have been spending about 5 hours putting together and not only do I need to know if everything is compatable but I also need to know if this system is the "best" I can do for the money.
ALL Suggestions and Comments are welcome
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
- $316.00 - Ive seen so many people talk about this chip and how good it is. Im sure I'll be happy with this chip, I mean coming from a AMD 3200+...thats GOT to be a huge difference...
- $132.99 - From what I hear This board is CHEAP and one of the BEST boards for Core 2 Duo!
G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800
- $184.99 - Looks like a cheap brand most of the other memory is around $230...so I hope this memory not only works with my motherboard but is good enough for my system. I cant really upgrade this as my budget is already over 1500 unless someone can help me out.
eVGA Geforce 7950GT 512MB
- $260.99 - Cant afford a 8800GTS b/c I HAVE to get rid of this 17" CRT for the 22" Widescreen!
- $69.99 - a nice Hard Drive.
SAMSUNG DVD Burner
- $29.99 - As long as this thing reads cd's I should be fine...im not really into burning all that much though.
FSP Group 450W
- $53.99 - I dont know if this is strong enough for my system but my budget is already over 1500 = \.
Antec Nine Hundred
- $134.99 - This caught my eye...looks so SICK and nice its just amazing but on the other hand its expensive and if you think I would be better off downgrading this to a different case for a say better memory or PSU or w/e you think.
CHIMEI 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD
- $299.99 - I have been drooling over this thing for about 6 months...I have thought to drop down to a 20.1 inch but thats what my friend has (not Widescreen though) and I want to show off =P. This thing looks so nice makes me want to cry.
Arctic Silver 5
- $5.99 - idk if I need this but..
Total - $1,525.03 (After Shipping)
Thats what I came up with. Comment it, give me some Suggestions, Tips, anything!
My cousin and my friend both are currently using AMD X2 4600's and basically I want to build a nasty computer for 1500 that will completly own their computers. They use 7600GT's. One uses a 19" Widescreen and the other a 20.1".
So If you can save me a little money as im a little over 1500 or switch some things around to make my very NEAR future computer better overall please let me know. I dont know how to overclock so thats not a major issue ><.
Thanks for taking your time to read my post and I hope I organized this enough to make it easier on you guys to read and help me out.