Tax Return Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
So I'm debating on whether or not I want to upgrade the GFX on my pc or not. I'm thinking about spending $300 (2x9600GTs) and selling my GTS here at college for $100 maybe. Or is it worth it to just buy another GTS?

if you could pick up a really cheap gts then it might be worth it, depends on whether or not you feel like you need an upgrade. also it would have to be the same kind and such which could be hard.

dual 9600gt's could be really fun too.

It wouldn't have to just be a 320mb GTS? It would have to be more specific?

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the size of my tax return and then what my parents want towards college.

2x 9600GTs might be the best bet. My brother is building a new PC within the month. He wasn't going for SLI though. Maybe I should tip him off in the dual 9600GT direction and see how that works out for him.

The upgrade would be for Crysis, Test Drive Unlimited, COD4 and the summer DX10 games.

nah what you should do is tell him to sli 320mb gts and sell him yours cheap :p

but i know its not like crossfire where it can be basically any other card, but i don't know if it has to be the 100% card.

He's the kind of guy who plays at 60fps no matter what settings need to be turned off. If I tried hard enough I could probably work something out with him. He was going with non-sli board though. I'm so torn haha. I want to play Crysis with GOOD frames. I don't know when or how to upgrade in the easiest form though.

I don't believe so. Nothing too severe. I think for $300, plus selling my GTS, it would certainly be a worthy jump I suspect. Another GTS for $100 would also be a worthy jump, but that's sketchy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom