Is Taurus Reliable for PSU's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I just ordered a ThermalTake PSU and recieved a Taurus branded product, its the same wattage, (550w) so I'm not worried about that but is it a reliable brand?

The company assured me it is, although I'd like other's opinions... as I've never even heard of them...

Thanks a lot guys,

Charlie -

Yeah, I've never heard of them either. I've heard that TT isn't a very good brand concerning PSUs either. Antec, Enermax, and OCZ are some of the best names.

are you sure that it doesnt say TT anywhere on the box? I ordered a Fortron once and it said something compleltly different, then on the box in really small letters it said "by fortron"

you got the wrong one for sure , its a coolmax psu and pretty low on the +12v only 22A and it seems its not atx 2.0/2.01
CT-470_3.jpg

I'm using it now, and it seems fine, gives out enough power, although only 430w which is annoying as I asked for 550w, anyway, it seems stable, so I'm sure its fine...!

Charlie -

Chazzer3 said:
I'm using it now, and it seems fine, gives out enough power, although only 430w which is annoying as I asked for 550w, anyway, it seems stable, so I'm sure its fine...!

Charlie -

I highly doubt it is, I would make sure you have all you waranty papers and receipts on all of youur parts before you decide to just leave that PSU in.

I encourage you to get a DMM and test the Rails on it. :)

sorry to sound n00bish but, DMM?

Charlie - ;-)

btw, I'm using a pretty hi spec machine here, so maybe I should trade it back in, its not like a paid the price of the 550 when I got this, there was just a mistake... so do you think its ok for my machine? X24200 6800GS 2gb ram Seagate barracuda etc etc

DMM = Digital Multimeter

You can test voltages, Amperage, continuity and resistence with it.

I would trade it in or buy a better psu for that system . ;/

ok, thanks for your ideas, I might send it back... I'm not sure, I have a 14 day thingie, so I'll see how it goes for a bit...

thanks about the dmm

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom