Take a look and help me refine my PC build for me please before I purchase

Ormazd

Baseband Member
Please take a look through the current PC parts I have gathered for a near future PC build, if you can refine this build and see something as a better option than the parts I listed below, please let me know. I am trying to save money, I would like a good PC built for under 1k and possibly just a bit above 500 if I can, but 1k is my max.

I know I don't have a Disc Tray on there, so if you guys know of a quality one, please list for me, which applies to all the items listed below, thanks.

I plan on playing World of Warcraft, League of Legends, DoTA2, Steam Games, Fortnite, etc. I may plan on streaming in the future.

CPU - Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53570

Mobo - Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Video Card - Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

HDD - Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Thank you.

You'll want a PSU as well, make that the Corsair 650w TX.
Any optical drive will do. Find a DVD burner under or around 20 bucks and you're good.
For the money just get the 660ti instead. Much more performance, only a little bit more in price.
I know you have the HDD on there, but I would stretch a bit more and get an SSD. It makes all the difference in your computers overall speed (not FPS).

You also need some kind of case. It's much more organized and safe than just having everything tangled around on your desk.

I have a Case, this is a project I'm thinking of picking up again this holiday if I have funds, I started to build a computer a while back but placed it on hold due to some IRL issues.

The case I have is Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case is it a good size to fit everything?

I also have 64Bit Win7 and a Crossair I believe 700 Watt Modular PSU.

What's the difference between SSD/HDD in performance/installation, I know they are really pricey though.

If you bought a ssd you'd most likely need a hdd for storage. For me at least, a 500gb ssd by itself wouldn't cut it.

Sorry, for this delayed post, I'm looking at Cyber week deals, I am really tight on money, but would like to get this project finished. Anyone can refine it a bit more? I looked at the 660TI and it's like 250.

How difficult is it to install an SSD or an SSD with HDD?

I would also like opinions on my Mobo/CPU/Ram a friend put together of this build, but he is not that tech savy.

What is your budget? You said 1k max before and the pieces you have with a GTX 660 would be about 1k. The main question is, what is the purpose of the PC? You could easily save 100 bucks by going with an i3 3220 then grabbing an H77 board which will save a few more bucks.

What is your budget? You said 1k max before and the pieces you have with a GTX 660 would be about 1k. The main question is, what is the purpose of the PC? You could easily save 100 bucks by going with an i3 3220 then grabbing an H77 board which will save a few more bucks.

Umm, casual gaming. WoW, Fortnite, Loadout, etc. Maybe streaming later on. But, I don't game often now a days.

Back
Top Bottom