Tablet Tech Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spade

Beta member
I didn't know where exactly to put this topic, but I have some questions about Tablet Technology...

I've heard about tablets and i've seen a few at work. Recently I had and idea that involved tablet like technology and so I'd like to know if the following is possible yet with current technology.

1) Is it possible to have a pen with 2 separate clicks? Like a Pencil with an eraser. (Led side = Left click, Eraser side = Right click)

2) Is there a monitor that receives pen clicks alone? Like pointing the pen at the screen and the mouse follows and clicks when poked by the pen but does nothing when touched by a finger or any other object.

3)* Is there a way to run two mice at once? Like on the iPhone where you can use two fingers to zoom in and out.

*I really don't need to know this, I'm just curious.

Thank you for all your help, it's very much appreciated!
--Spade

1: yes (some have to different stylus inputs on the same pen so like a pencil one side is an eraser the other is the writer)
2) Yes your looking for conductive or (can't remember the name look it up yourself on wiki) my laptop uses it you cant use soft objects but any hard object will register so fingers don't but the nail does.
3) rare but its on multi-touch devices I don't believe its supported natively by VISTA as its going to be an win7 gimmick

Oh yeah, sorry. I'm looking for touch screen monitors. I'd like it to be operated by tablet pen only though. and the stick on things would be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom