Tablet pc for college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
My friend's kid is going off to college this fall and they tell him he needs a tablet pc. I am not in the know about the tablet pc. Can anyone make some recommendations. He has between 2-4k to spend on it and software. Thanks.

Did the college offer any suggestions or discounts? Spending $4,000 on a computer for college is pretty steep. For that price, your friend will definitely want to look into some type of accidental damage insurance.

That's what he has to spend. He does want a good one and he is willing to spend that but I found a Lenovo, fully loaded at around 2400 right now. It should be nice. I will keep looking though.

Are you sure he NEEDS a tablet pc?

I don't think any majors out there require it over anything else.

My housemate has an 800 dollar gateway tablet that works great. Core 2 Duo and all that jazz...

At the university I go to (University of Washington), nobody has tablet laptops. I'm not sure why you would spend the extra money on one. I'd go for something small that has low power consumption.

HP - Pavilion Tablet PC with AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60 - tx2115nr best tablet on the market with one of the lowest prices... cant beat hp realiability, 2 of my friends have them and i am purchasing one myself, there great, come with a stylus, can also be used as a tablet for your desktop. also if it is somethign like an animation or digital arts program they may have recomended a tablet point, and then said well if he doesnt have a laptop get a tablet laptop.

Meh, for the price of that I can get a 2.0ghz core 2 duo business laptop from hp with a 15 hour battery.

= Massive amounts of win.

Friend of mine just got one of those and apparently it's pretty slow because of the turion processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom