system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgcovey

Solid State Member
This is what I have for a system right now. I am very happy with it and now thats its around Christmas I want to upgrade. I was tinking of getting more ram or a new monitor but what about my grpahics card... What do you guys think I should get?

nVidia GeForce 6800
Pentium 4 3.0GHz
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
BIG 19" crt iiyama Monitor

If you have an evga card you can use the step up program and get a better card by swapping that card and paying the difference for a better card. Can't go bad with more hard drive space if you need it. Or a dvd burner.

Dont no about tinkering with it It looks fine as it is for now, the 6800 will work fine and 1 gig is good but 2 gigs is better for games such as battlefield2 and F.E.A.R. It depends how much you want to spend on an upgrade. Id just buy another gig of RAM cheap and gives slightly more performance. As for upgrading your graphics card Id say leave it until the new year when you have more money and prices fall a lil. Your spec will hold up for awhile yet. And the monitor looks fine wont need an upgrade for that for awhile unless you do lots of software developing or using graphical tools.

I'm gonna get another gig of ram and get rid of this HUGH monitor. I'll buy a new video card around June when my birthday rools around. And I do have a evga so that step up program sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom